Are you in the mood for a romance?
The Hating Game:
Basic premise: two people are forced to work together after their publishing companies merge.
- Hate to love romance
- Set in a publishing house
- Sexual tension for days
- Hilarious characters
My Oxford Year
Basic premise: a girl decides to study abroad in Oxford and meets a boy she fancies.
- Set in England!
- Hate to love romance (can you tell I like that trope)
- Study abroad setting
- Literature major
- Page turner and fun read
- Content warning for illness!
One Day in December
Basic premise: a man and woman see each other one night in December; their lives are changed.
- Set in England! (yeah I’ an anglophile)
- Methodical prose (not a page-turner, more of a book to dig into)
- Set over a 10-year period
- Extremely relatable for people struggling to find careers
- Not just a winter read––easily enjoyable anytime of the year