Do you write?
If so, I’d like to recommend some fun books on writing for you. I’m not usually good at reading books on writing, but these are books that have truly stood out to me as helpful.
The Magic Words: Writing for Children and Young Adults
Great for: people who want to write children’s books and YA.
- Easy to navigate
- Packed with advice, but not so packed that it’s overwhelming
- Gives ideas for great outlining
- Offers resources in-text
Around the Writers Block
Great for: writers who struggle with getting the words down.
- Uses science to help you stop blaming yourself for not writing
- Gives fun, easy prompts for self-reflection
- Accessible and relatable
- No seriously, this is one of my favorite books ever
- It helps writers understand where their resistance is coming from
Writer with a Day Job
Great for: writers who have to work full-time.
- Gives solutions to help you find ways to incorporate writing into your life
- Offers ideas on how writing is not only about words on the page
- Easy how to guide with simple solutions